The online diary of a dreamer creating Contemporary Romantic Fiction - because Every Woman needs Love and Laughter in her Life.

Monday 19 November 2007

Hero Archetype - The BAD BOY






According to Tami Cowden there are 8 main Hero Archetypes in Romantic Fiction.


I thought I would test this theory with a few examples, and today's example is:


Hero Archetype 2. THE BAD BOY

'The BAD BOY: dangerous to know, he walks on the wild side. This is the rebel, or the boy from the wrong side of the tracks. He’s bitter and volatile, a crushed idealist, but he's also charismatic and street smart.'

Um, I can think of a few hero candidates that could apply to...

Now. Back to the WIP and creating one of my own.

What's playing on my YouTube today? Annie Lennox. Cold. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tbC3PNH7xY4


ps. apologies for the format of the post - Blogger is playing up.

5 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Ooh. The third pic works for me. (Except I am supposed to be writing a Greek and a Welshman and a Sheik first...)

Ray-Anne said...

Someone, somewhere, probably has a joke which begins with those three guys in a pub!
I could have added the classics here - James Dean, young Marlon Brando, Errol Flyn for those of a certain age. SO MUCH CHOICE!
Have fun with your Greek - I have a Greek island story noodling in my brain at the moment, so there may be a Greek Hero post coming up. :-)

Unknown said...

The top one works for me......who is he??

Ray-Anne said...

Hi Liz. A Greek actor/model called Alexis - I have a greek island story lurking in the background.
More pics to come!
:-)

Unknown said...

Look forward to it!