The online diary of a dreamer creating Contemporary Romantic Fiction - because Every Woman needs Love and Laughter in her Life.

Wednesday 4 July 2007

Gnocchi

My heroine has just made gnocchi in the kitchen of her Deli - so being of a perfectionist nature, I had to make some for myself.
Potatoe gnocchi is not as difficult as you might think, cuts down on the wheat, and there are lots of recipes about , like this:
http://gourmetfood.about.com/od/cookingtechniques/ss/gnocchistep.htm

I simply microwaved some baking pots, mashed the cold flesh, added one egg, some dried herbs [ optional] and enough plain flour to make a soft but intact elastic dough, rolled into a sausage on a floured board and cut the gnocchi. Tested one to make sure it was not going to disintegrate back to flour. Worked well.

The gnocchi are now firming up on baking parchment waiting for a lunchtime bolognese sauce.
Now that is what I call research.

No comments: