The online diary of a dreamer creating Contemporary Romantic Fiction - because Every Woman needs Love and Laughter in her Life.

Saturday 23 February 2008

Erasmus

I have a new character in my thriller - his first name is Erasmus.

There is something about that name ..... I love it and all of the connotations that come with it. And to me, it is spot on for a detective.


The best known Erasmus, was Desiderius Erasmus of Rotterdam, 1466 – 1536, a Dutch humanist and theologian, whose portrait was painted by both Holbein, as below, and Durer, but there was also Erasmus Darwin and other luminaries.



Sourced Quotes from Erasmus of Rotterdam-

When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.

Un-sourced Quotes

  • I consider as lovers of books, not those who keep their books hidden in their store-chests and never handle them, but those who, by nightly as well as daily use, thumb them, batter them, wear them out, who fill out all the margins with annotations of many kinds, and who prefer the marks of a fault they have erased to a neat copy full of faults.


  • It is the friendship of books that has made me perfectly happy.

Got to love that.


What's playing on my YouTube right now? Empire of the Sun soundtrack -http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qNonF2n4qdE&feature=related

No comments: