The online diary of a dreamer creating Contemporary Romantic Fiction - because Every Woman needs Love and Laughter in her Life.

Wednesday 10 October 2007

Haka


Glastonbury. One sacred site. And the goalposts are another.
The All Black Rugby team are well known for performing the Haka before a match.

From what I understand * this is not a war dance but a ceremonial without weapons intended to combine spirituality and physicality.


Most people know the Ka Mate form of the Haka



but the translation of the Haka 'Timatanga' is worth looking at

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=19PQ67ygDs8&mode=related&search= [ and click on 'more' in the caption box.] This was a match against the British Lions.


My own brothers play Rugby and it is not a game for whimps who dislike the smell of hospitals. What could beat the powerful combination of physical power and mental strength?

I am not from New Zealand myself, but I find watching these men inspiring and energising. I would not like to be standing a few feet away on a grass field. What about you?


No comments: